Tradesman 2 (Refrigeration Technician)
A Tradesman 2 (Refrigeration Technician) is responsible for maintaining all refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment and installations in good working condition by carrying out necessary repairs and preventive maintenance
What will I be doing?
As a Tradesman 2 (Refrigeration Technician), you are responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Maintain the hotel’s customer and heart of house areas in accordance with Hilton standards by performing preventative maintenance per schedule, corrective maintenance also repairs as necessary and to help others in the engineering department in any other areas.
- You are primarily responsible for performing installs, repairs and maintenance to a variety of equipment including: walking freezers, ice machines, refrigeration equipment, air conditioning, electric motors, intake and exhaust fans.
- Maintains rooms in optimal condition by performing repairs as needed
- Understands the refrigeration cycle to include: identifying components in refrigeration circuit, understanding how each component works, diagnosing problems in the refrigeration circuit, using manifold gauge set, pressure/temperature chart and temperature measuring devices for routine maintenance and to troubleshoot.
- Understands refrigeration recovery, evacuation and charging.
- Understands the electron theory, how electricity travels, AC and DC currents, single phase and three phase circuits, and series and parallel circuits. Ability to read wiring diagrams.
- Understands the process of treating air so as to simultaneously control its temperature, humidity, and distribution. Must be able to read and understand mechanical drawings.
- Understands basic heating cycle to include: identifying components in heating system, understanding how each component works, diagnosing problems in the heating system using a gas pressure test and other devices for routine maintenance and to troubleshoot. Understands the theory of combustion and how it relates to combustible fuels such as gas and oil.
- Understands the Room Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Helps with repairing all heating/ventilating/air-conditioning systems.
- Maintains operating equipment in working condition by performing routine equipment checks and repairs.
- Works with other departments as needed on all maintenance issues.
- Follows all safety procedure and policies of the hotel.
- Report any hazards in the department or hotel and takes immediate action to correct.
- Maintains problem log book to record the equipment in need of repair and prioritizes efforts accordingly.
- Maintains inventory of supplies needed to perform job function.
- Reports major repairs and items that cannot be repaired to the dispatcher for further action and if necessary, place a room out of order.
- Due to the nature of the business the individual may be required to do other duties and special projects as assigned by the supervisor.
What are we looking for?
Specifically, We Look For Demonstration Of These Values
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values.
- Hospitality – We’re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences
- Integrity – We do the right thing, all the time
- Leadership – We’re leaders in our industry and in our communities
- Teamwork – We’re team players in everything we do
- Ownership – We’re the owners of our actions and decisions
- Now – We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow
A Tradesman 2 (Refrigeration Technician) serving Hilton Brand Hotels is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members.
- 3 to 5 years air-conditioning or refrigeration installation or maintenance experience in Industrial/Commercial Projects
- Good all round practical trade skills inclusive fabrication, installation and maintenance
- In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes: Quality, Productivity, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability
What will it be like to work for a Hilton Brand?
Our Team Members are the Heart of Hilton. As extraordinary hospitality professionals, we work together to make Hilton a great place to work and to build rewarding careers for ourselves and our colleagues.
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its 18 global brands, which include Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2Suites by Hilton, Hilton Grand Vacations, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Motto by Hilton, LXR Hotels & Resorts and Signia by Hilton, Canopy by Hilton, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Tempo by Hilton, Curio Collection by Hilton. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton Honors®.
At Hilton, our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! Come be a part of our team!
Sun, a breeze, white sands, lush palm trees – welcome to your tropical getaway at Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino. Bliss out at the beachfront spa, sip a daiquiri by two sparkling pools, and dine under the stars. Play the tables at the casino, or learn to scuba dive. Whether you’re here for a wedding or family vacation, our amenities and resort activities ensure it’s a memorable stay.
- 357 rooms with exceptional views and 15K sq. ft. of flexible meeting spaces
- Wi-Fi included with each stay
- Located in the heart of the Palm Beach Strip
- Private balcony or patio in every room
- Beachfront full-service Eforea Spa
- 2 large pools, waterfalls and freshwater lagoon
- Kids Club, playground and family friendly activities
- Casino with table games, slot machines and tournaments
You must sign in to apply for this position.