Director – Food and Beverage
Directs and organizes the activities of the Food & Beverage departments to maintain the high standards of food and beverage quality, service and marketing to maximize profits through outstanding customer service. Plans and directs the functions of administration and planning of the Food & Beverage department to meet the daily needs of the operation. Implements effective controls of food, beverage and labor costs. Ensures compliance with health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards. Helps ensure high standards of food and beverage quality, service and marketing to maximize profits and ensure outstanding customer service. Interviews, trains, supervises, counsels, schedules and evaluates staff.
What will I be doing?
- Plan and direct the functions of administration and planning of the Food & Beverage department, the Banquet operations and working closely with Kitchen operations to meet the daily needs of the operation.
- Clearly describe, assign and delegate responsibility and authority for the operation of the various food and beverage sub departments such as room service, restaurants, banquets, kitchens, stewards, etc.
- Monitor and, when necessary, develop and implement schedules for the operation of all restaurants and bars to achieve a profitable result.
- Participate with the chef and restaurant managers in the creation and merchandising of attractive menu designs to attract a predetermined customer market.
- Implement effective controls of food, beverage and labor costs among all sub departments and monitor the food and beverage budget to ensure efficient operation and that expenditures stay within budget limitations, including achieving budgeted revenue and labor expenses.
- Assist the departmental managers in establishing and achieving predetermined profit objectives and desired standards of quality food, service, cleanliness, merchandising and promotions. Maximize food and beverage department profitability.
- Regularly review and evaluate the degree of customer satisfaction of the individual outlets, including banquet service, to recommend new operating and marketing policies whenever a change in demand, customer dissatisfaction, or a change in competitive environment requires such changes. Investigate and resolve food quality and service complaints.
- Develop, along with assistance from department heads, operating tools necessary and incidental to modern management principles such as budgeting, forecasting, purchase specifications, recipes, portion specifications, menu abstracts, food production control, job descriptions, etc.
- Develop and support departmental and hotel Sales & Marketing initiatives to drive revenue.
- Insure compliance with all Hilton Hotels Corporation policies and procedures that relate to food and beverage, as well as local laws and regulations.
- Hire, train, supervise, develop, discipline and counsel all food and beverage management team members according to HHC policies and procedures.
What are we looking for?
Specifically, We Look For Demonstration Of These Values
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values.
- Hospitality – We’re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity – We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership – We’re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork – We’re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership – We’re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now – We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Sun, a breeze, white sands, lush palm trees – welcome to your tropical getaway at Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino. Bliss out at the beachfront spa, sip a daiquiri by two sparkling pools, and dine under the stars. Play the tables at the casino, or learn to scuba dive. Whether you’re here for a wedding or family vacation, our amenities and resort activities ensure it’s a memorable stay.
- 357 rooms with exceptional views and 15K sq. ft. of flexible meeting space
- Wi-Fi included with each stay
- Located in the heart of the Palm Beach Strip
- Private balcony or patio in every room
- Beachfront full-service eforea Spa
2 large pools, waterfalls and freshwater lagoon
- Kids Club, playground and family friendly activities
- Casino with table games, slot machines and tournaments
You must sign in to apply for this position.