The University of Aruba, in collaboration with KU Leuven (Belgium), and facilitated with funding from the European Development Fund (EDF), is seeking to expand its research and teaching capacity in bio-environmental engineering, technology, engineering, informatics, and data sciences. In 2019 the curriculum of the new academic bachelor in sciences, technology, and engineering and mathematics (STEM) opened its doors and will graduate its first bachelors in 2022. This three-year program consists of a 180 European credits program with a focus on sustainable development in small island states. A 90 credit master program will start in 2022. Additionally, a research center is being developed, supported by 11
PhD students that conduct research on various topics to further enhance the sustainable development of Aruba and other small island states.
For this new STEM sciences program, the University of Aruba is looking for a highly motivated Assistant / Associate professor in either Technology & Engineering, Information & Data Sciences or Bio-environmental Sciences:
ASSISTANT/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR (1,0 fte.)
The main responsibilities are: As Assistant/Associate professor you work together with a team of 3 other Assistant/Associate professors and 11 PhD students to teach the different Bachelor courses to the SISSTEM students, with course material that is developed in close collaboration with expert professors at the KU Leuven, located in Belgium. You will be jointly supervising some of the PhD students of which the subjects are in your field of expertise, in close collaboration with the main supervising promotor at KU Leuven.
The ideal candidate:
- Holds a PhD in Engineering Science, Bio-Science Engineering, Engineering Technology, Science, Informatics or similar.
- Has proven experience in academic research, teaching and coaching.
- Has an ambition to contribute to the sustainable development of Aruba and other small island states through education and research.
- Has excellent supervisory and collaborative team building skills and can also work independently.
- Is able to provide and receive constructive feedback to/from peers and students as part of his/her strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Has excellent organizational, supervisory and collaborative team building skills.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Key competencies: flexibility, accountability, result oriented, leadership, team player, critical and analytic thinking.
We offer you an interesting lecture assignment at an attractive location, in an exciting EU-funded project for a two-year contract with the possibility of renewal for an indefinite period of time. The contract provides an attractive benefits package including APFA pension, additional health insurance, and a competitive wage.
Interested? Visit our website and submit your application letter and resume before Tuesday, December 15, 2020, through our career portal: https://careers.portal.ua.aw. If you need further information regarding the position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. One (or more) job interviews, a medical exam, an assessment test and a certificate of good conduct are in accordance with our rules of application and a standard part of our recruitment and selection procedure.
Candidates with a demonstrated strong affinity for Aruba and the Caribbean and challenges in small island states are strongly encouraged to apply, but this link is not mandatory for the position
You must sign in to apply for this position.